Over the past few months, we have been closely monitoring medical information about the new strain of coronavirus known as COVID-19. We are strong believers in preventative medicine, wellness, and safety of our clients, patients, and team. For this reason Halcyon Veterinary Hospital supports the practice known as social distancing and want to do our part to be able to care for our patients while helping to slow the spread of a disease that we do not yet have immunity for. We will continue to see patients for as long as possible but will be encouraging the following guidelines:
1) We are encouraging drop-off service as much as possible. Please call us at 318-584-7049 when you arrive to the parking lot. One of our knowledgeable technicians will be able to get your pet checked-in and attain a good history and plan over the phone. This same technician will also be able to come out to your car and bring your pet inside so that you have minimal contact with public surfaces. We will always call to give you a detailed diagnostic and treatment plan. Payment can also be made over the phone on an encrypted and safe system.
2) When picking up medications, give us a call prior and we will have the medications ready for you. Payment can be made over the phone and we can take the medication to your car when you arrive and call.
3) Many medications can be delivered directly to your home and we have an online store that is found on our website at hvhvets.com with a large selection of medications and preventatives.
4) Dogs, cats, and other domestic animals have NOT been found to be carriers of covid19. Covid19 is now human to human transmission through respiratory droplets and contaminated surfaces with those droplets. This is why if symptomatic, another person should take over care of your pet and you should avoid much contact with them to prevent transfer of surface contamination. Again, pets do not carry this strain of virus and they are not considered an active source of infection.
5) In the event that drop-off service is not possible we will make an attempt to put you in an exam room as quickly as possible. We ask for your safety as well as those clients that are immune-suppressed not to spend much time in public areas such as the reception area and kid’s corner for now. We will be frequently disinfecting surfaces such as counters, handles, and seats.
6) As always, if you are symptomatic please stay home so that you can recover and avoid spreading infection to others. Sometimes we forget in this day and age that “it takes a village” and we are all in this together. Stay safe!”